Having good blood circulation in your legs is crucial for one’s health. Healthy blood flow allows the body to take in nutrients, get rid of waste, and is essential for leg health and strength. Circulation issues occur when blood flow to a part of your body is reduced, which can be caused by low blood pressure, varicose veins, blood clots, diabetes and peripheral artery disease (PAD).
Improving leg circulations begins by making lifestyle changes that will greatly reduce your risk factors for poor circulation. Here are some helpful tips for improving blood circulation in your legs:
- Walking Regularly. Walking at any pace is beneficial to increase blood flow, as it is the best way to lower blood pressure and increase muscle contraction in the legs. As muscles contract and relax, they squeeze around the veins in the legs, promoting healthy circulation in stagnant areas.
- Adopt A Healthy Diet. Eating a healthy, balanced diet with fruits and vegetables is important to improve circulation. Additionally, foods containing Omega-3 fatty acids, such as fatty fish and kale, promote cardiovascular health and improve circulation throughout the body.
- Get A Massage. Many people associate getting a massage with pampering, however getting a massage is a good way to combat poor circulation. The pressure applied and released by the masseuse helps get blood moving. Congested areas have the opportunity to be cleared and lactic acid is flushed.
- Practicing Yoga. Yoga is a low-impact exercise that is easy to modify for beginners. It involves bending, stretching, and twisting the body. By engaging in these movements, it can help to compress and decompress a person’s veins, which may improve circulation.
- Compression Stockings. Compression stockings can help to improve your blood flow, and to reduce swelling and pain in the legs. They apply gentle pressure to your legs and ankles, promoting blood flow from your legs to your heart.
- Take Sanhelios Circu Caps™. Our dietary supplements provide powerful circulatory relief with a special formulation of Butcher’s Broom and Rosemary oil, that is used by people all over the world for maintaining normal circulation in the legs*.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration